logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 5.1.2 and MySQL 5.0.20
Author
Mitron

PostPosted: Sat 15 Apr '06 12:00    Post subject: PHP 5.1.2 and MySQL 5.0.20 Reply with quote

Ok, I hope this isn't off topic here but I was curious if there was a fix for the MySQL 5.0.19 and 5.0.20 showing up in phpinfo() as 5.0.18. I take it the reason is because the only PHP Connector for MySQL is the 5.0.18 version. I kinda asked this on MySQL forum but no reply. Just curious if I have a problem or if this is common due to them not releasing a connector for the more recent versions.
Steffen

PostPosted: Sat 15 Apr '06 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure that you have libmySQL.dll of version 5.0.20 in your windows folder. Copy it from the .../mysql/bin folder to your windows and php folder.

Steffen
James Blond

PostPosted: Sat 15 Apr '06 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

For portable Versions like on a USB Stick copy the libmySQL.dll in the apache/bin/ folder.
Mitron

PostPosted: Sat 15 Apr '06 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
Be sure that you have libmySQL.dll of version 5.0.20 in your windows folder. Copy it from the .../mysql/bin folder to your windows and php folder.

Steffen

Thanks again Steffen. Smile I had already done that, but doing a search for that filename I found it also in winnt/system32. After deleting that file everything appears as it should. I must have put it there on the 5.0.18 install.
Mitron

PostPosted: Wed 19 Apr '06 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I see they released a new PHP connector for MySQL 5.0.20 in case this is of interest to anyone. Smile

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/
Millennium

PostPosted: Wed 19 Apr '06 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got the new MySQLI Connector working ?

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP 5.1.2 and MySQL 5.0.20 View previous topic :: View next topic