logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Limit bandwidth per month in virtual hosts in apache 2.2
Author
ezard

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug '08 21:40    Post subject: Limit bandwidth per month in virtual hosts in apache 2.2 Reply with quote

i need to known if is possibile in windows,i have search for modules that do that in windows,with no lucky.
so can someone help me?
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 29 Sep '08 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen such a mod for apache, not in windows or linux
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep '08 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have .. but for *nix.

mod_cband

I wish I could port it .. from reading this is one of the ultimate bandwidth modules. Just it's full of *nix. It has though the banddwidth/time capability.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep '08 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a chance to port it to windows. There was no new release since Jan 2006

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154335
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 30 Sep '08 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was qualified to at least try. It looks like it is still being maintained for FreeBSD
http://www.freshports.org/www/mod_cband/

I think ASF is going to roll mod_limitipconn into 2.4/3.0, this is great for me since I use it. This also means maintenance will be done to it over time. Since *nix has all these great modules, I can see how bandwidth throttling and limiting is not of great importance to ASF. But if they ever want to compete with IIS on the windows platform, these features are a must! I have need, ezard has a need as well as many others for this. The entire self-hosting community probably has a need for this considering our outbound bandwidth limitations.
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct '08 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but limitipconn controlls only the numbers of connections per IP and cband should handle an amount for bandwidth over a specific time. So it is different, isn't it?
glsmith

PostPosted: Wed 01 Oct '08 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is different. In a perfect world it would be IP limiting for those obnoxious download managers that open a slew of connections, bandwidth metering like mod_cband and throttling like mod_throttle, yet another *nix goodie. I know the ability to throttle exists in windows, my FTP server has the feature and works.

Reply to topic   Topic: Limit bandwidth per month in virtual hosts in apache 2.2 View previous topic :: View next topic