logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 binary and PHP 5.1.2
Author
kcwong

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan '06 7:47    Post subject: Apache 2.2 binary and PHP 5.1.2 Reply with quote

hi Steffen,

First, thanks for your Apache binary. I have installed it (v2.2) and PHP 5.1.2 (using the zip file php-5.1.2-Win32.zip) on a Win2K3 server, and copied all files in php5apache2.dll-php5.1.2-2.2.0.zip to the PHP directory. Apache can start and can view the "Success!" page. Yet when I tried to open a phpinfo page, the browser is just returned blank.

I have also tried the same setup on WinXP and it works! So, could you please check if the binary is also compatible with Win2K3? Thanks!

Cheers,
Kelvin
kcwong

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan '06 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen,

oh, sorry. I found that it is because I have used the recommended php.ini file come with the php zip file. If I remove the php.ini (copied from php.ini-recommended), it works. Yet I would like to use those recommended setting. Any experience on how to make it works?

Cheers,
Kelvin
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jan '06 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, php.ini-recommended works fine here.

Somewhere in you path (c:/windows/ c:/windows/system32/ etc.) an "old' php.ini ?

Steffen
pnllan

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jan '06 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to troubleshooting a PHP installation, you can edit the PHP.INI file and change the following lines:

FROM display_errors = Off TO display_errors = On

FROM display_startup_errors = Off TO display_startup_errors = On

In most cases, the information provided should help you clear things up.

Once your problems are resolved, turn these back OFF.

Hope this Helps.
Malaphus

PostPosted: Fri 05 May '06 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcwong wrote:
Steffen,

oh, sorry. I found that it is because I have used the recommended php.ini file come with the php zip file. If I remove the php.ini (copied from php.ini-recommended), it works. Yet I would like to use those recommended setting. Any experience on how to make it works?

Cheers,
Kelvin

I just upgraded to the newest versions of apache and php today and had the same problem. It seems the new version of PHP's recommended ini file has short_open_tag set to OFF, which should be on (otherwise you'll have to use the full <?php ?> tags instead of just <? ?>. I, of course, changed this before I actually tried viewing my phpinfo file, so didn't notice the problem... but I'm willing to bet that's what your problem is as well.

Hope it helps.

-Mal
Millennium

PostPosted: Fri 05 May '06 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

just try placing an XML doctype above your php file Very Happy

Always set Short_open_tags = off.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 binary and PHP 5.1.2 View previous topic :: View next topic