logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Pre-configuration failed.
Author
h4ckler

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '09 5:15    Post subject: PHP Pre-configuration failed. Reply with quote

I tried my best to avoid having to register on a board and clog it with what may be a worthless question, but here goes. Rolling Eyes

I'm teaching myself PHP5 + MySQL. Everything was going great until I needed to place mysqli_connect() into my codes. I am now aware of other ways to connect to MySQL but the book I am using is using mysqli commands. The original setup was giving me fits as it was a hack job that my friend and I just cut/paste until the thing worked.

So I uninstalled PHP/APACHE. I figured starting from scractch and actually learning things could help me.

I've downloaded apache_2.2.11-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8i.msi and php-5.2.10-nts-Win32-VC6-x86.zip; and I am running Vista Prof.
So here's my dilema.

I've got everything configured the way it needs to be (I believe), but now I go to run the server and it fails to start.

I've ran the test config and it tells me the following:
"[crit] Apache is running a threaded MPM, but your PHP Module is not compiled to be threadsafe. You need to recompile PHP.
Pre-configuration failed"

...and now I have a few questions.
What is "threadsafe"?
(and) How do I fix this so I can get back to learning?

I've finally broken down and posted a question after roughly 6 hours of searching and trying to figure it out.

Thanks ahead of time!
h4ckler

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '09 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out...

I thought. When I run htt://localhost i get the "it works" page. But I cannot get a page i made with phpinfo() to run. I just see the markup.
h4ckler

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '09 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a page that displayed phpinfo()

BUT, under Loaded Configuration File is "none" and none of my created .php files will run when I call them from a browser.

Sad
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 07 Aug '09 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you downloaded the NTS == Non thread safe version of PHP. You should download the thread safe version

Zip

After unpacking the Zip you can rename the php.ini-recommend to php.ini and customize your ini. Else PHP will run with default values.
h4ckler

PostPosted: Wed 12 Aug '09 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I've checked everything and I'm good. I run my script and I get a blank page and not the results/confirmation that my a database entry was made.

Is apache just not speaking with MySQL? I'm some what lost.

(thanks again)
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 12 Aug '09 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please post a sample code snippet?
h4ckler

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug '09 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I gave up and download xampp.
Pierre

PostPosted: Sun 16 Aug '09 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

h4ckler wrote:
Thanks, but I gave up and download xampp.

Well, it was a common mistake. You fetched the NTS (non thread safe) builds but apache requires the thread safe version.

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP Pre-configuration failed. View previous topic :: View next topic