logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: how to solve concurrent update in database
Author
peacemaker

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep '09 14:32    Post subject: how to solve concurrent update in database Reply with quote

Hi all
I am planning to make a booking system for travel agency, the issues that i will have is that, if there are two users asking for same seat then how i should queue that thing or how should i solve that issue if one user book that seat and another user book same seat, but that seat is already booked.
How can i manage that, i search and found something like locking of tables, or firing a trigger before update , can any one help related to this, if any small script for example will be very much appreciated. i am using Mysql, does Mysql provides any solution like queuing the updates on their own.
Thanks in advance
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 14 Sep '09 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysql can update fields itself. Maybe you have a timestamp

e.g.

Code:

`lastChange` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

Such is thing is easy to create with phpMyAdmin. There is also CURRENT_DATE which often easier to handle.

Form the logic to your problem:
Make a SELECT To see if that seat is booked.
Than do a next step like give out a message that it is booked or what ever.

One solution you be to have a virtual seat plan and show which seats are free

For a existing Queue take a look at PHPClasses.org
peacemaker

PostPosted: Mon 21 Sep '09 14:47    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi james, thanks for your reply. I will go thru wat u said and will try to implement on it.
thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: how to solve concurrent update in database View previous topic :: View next topic