logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: browser tries to download .exe instead of running as CGI
Author
DocDJ

PostPosted: Wed 29 Sep '10 2:38    Post subject: browser tries to download .exe instead of running as CGI Reply with quote

I have 2 windows .exe files in the same folder on my 2 servers. For several years, they both worked. Now ONE of the .EXE's tries to download onto the user's machine. NEITHER was recompiled. I am running Apache 2.2.16 + Windows 7-64 on 1 machine & Apache 2.2.15+Win 7-32 on the other (both have the problem). Server .conf files are identical, except for folder names (since the 32-bit machine is on a domain). No errors in the logs (return code 200 on my Form POST request). Permissions for the 2 files are identical. Programs us e the SAME DLLs, both written in C++ (without any objects).

After searching the literature and findig no help, I recompiled the failing program (MS VC 2008) and it still fails. The other one still runs properly. Here is my http.conf entry:
<Directory "E:/DJs Documents/public_html/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride
Options FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
IndexIgnore ..
<Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Limit>
<LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</LimitExcept>
</Directory>

and I have:
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "E:/DJs Documents/public_html/cgi-bin/"

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Sep '10 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross post with http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=3709
DocDJ

PostPosted: Wed 06 Oct '10 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved: re-compiled application on both sites, upgraded to 2.2.16 on both sites, added .exe to addhandler for scripts (was missing on one site).

Reply to topic   Topic: browser tries to download .exe instead of running as CGI View previous topic :: View next topic