logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.0 Win32 binary compiled by MS VC 6.0
Author
apie

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar '06 3:16    Post subject: Apache 2.2.0 Win32 binary compiled by MS VC 6.0 Reply with quote

It was compiled with OpenSSL 0.9.8a by MS VC 6.0. The advantages of VC 6.0 over Visual Studio 2005 include,

Developers don't have to mess up Apache 2.2.0 source code.

End users don't have to install .NET Framework on target computers to use the binary compiled by Visual Studio 2005.

http://www.geocities.com/hxg1972/computers/computers.htm

Last edited by apie on Fri 31 Mar '06 15:45; edited 1 time in total
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar '06 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but Steffen's Version also runs under all Windows with or without .NET Framework. And Steffen used Visual Studio C++ 2005.
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar '06 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed James, the .NET framework is not needed when build with Visual Studio C++ 2005.
apie

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar '06 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe you don't need .NET Framework to build Apache, but I guess .NET Framework is one of the prerequisites to install VS 2005.

By the way thanks to Steffen. If you didn't mention MS Platform SDK, I can't figure out how VC++ 6.0 works with 2.2.0.
Jorge

PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr '06 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

apie wrote:
Yes, I believe you don't need .NET Framework to build Apache, but I guess .NET Framework is one of the prerequisites to install VS 2005.

By the way thanks to Steffen. If you didn't mention MS Platform SDK, I can't figure out how VC++ 6.0 works with 2.2.0.

Actually, both need run times dll's,

the one of VC 6 is allready on every 98, 2000 & xp machine
the one of vc.net 2003 or 2005 need to be included manually...
only change is that now you need to mess whit manifestfiles
guilt

PostPosted: Fri 28 Apr '06 1:36    Post subject: Suggestion for building against VC 2005 Reply with quote

I'd recommend that while building in VC 2005, we use the /MT (Multithreaded Ststic library) over the /MT (Multithreaded Dynamic library). VC 2003 linked to MSVCR71.DLL (which didnt have the WinSxS deployment method) and VC 2002 to MSVCR70.DLL (which was also compatible), VC98 to the MSVCRT.DLL. It is said that the Windows specific files (that come with Windows) link to MSVCRT.DLL and the rest should link to the versioned runtimes... Well, for whatever heck.. the lack of backward compatibility totally pisses me off...

I'd hence recommend the static link for best optimization and compatibility fit.
TekserMan

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jun '06 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apache 2.2.2 is now available for d'l from apache in .msi binary now if anyone wants to take a look at it, But I'm still using the one I d'ld from here! Hey if it aint broke don't fix it Laughing

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.0 Win32 binary compiled by MS VC 6.0 View previous topic :: View next topic