logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: PHP SMTP Error: Failed to Connect to server
Author
jhoiemarie

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec '11 10:06    Post subject: PHP SMTP Error: Failed to Connect to server Reply with quote

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. (0)
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Hi All,

I am not sure if this message is in anyway related to Apache. I am sending an email using smtp and I know that port 25 is open and not blocked. Is there any way to send email without using port 25? How do I do that? Do I have to configure anything in php.ini or httpd.conf?

Thanks.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 05 Dec '11 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if you could provide the php code you are using for sending the mail. However this related to your script and or php.ini
Do you use a local mail server or remote email server?
jhoiemarie

PostPosted: Tue 06 Dec '11 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
It would help if you could provide the php code you are using for sending the mail. However this related to your script and or php.ini
Do you use a local mail server or remote email server?

Hi,

I used the regular code for sending an SMTP email. I've used PHP Mailer. Whai I dont understand is that even though our network admin allow the port 25 in our organization, I still could not send the email properly. What shall I do? Whenever I'm home, and my ISP run in normal connection, things work out just fine.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 06 Dec '11 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I need it

• php code snippet helps.
  • Do you use an IP or a hostname for connecting?
  • Does the windows firewall let the connection out from the server apache is running on?
  • PHP Mail is a php class? Somewhere where I can take a look at the code?
  • php.ini mail settings
jhoiemarie

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec '11 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
What I need it

• php code snippet helps.
  • Do you use an IP or a hostname for connecting?
  • Does the windows firewall let the connection out from the server apache is running on?
  • PHP Mail is a php class? Somewhere where I can take a look at the code?
  • php.ini mail settings

Hi,

can i just send the code to your email address?
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec '11 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your script works fine. So I think a firewall or an antivirus scanner blocks the request or a proxy server.

Reply to topic   Topic: PHP SMTP Error: Failed to Connect to server View previous topic :: View next topic