logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Server Port Forward
Author
theblacksnake

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec '11 14:07    Post subject: Apache Server Port Forward Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have installed Apache Server and I can see the webpages when I type 127.0.0.1 or by other computers in the same local network. I would like to be accessible from every computer in the internet so I set up port forwarding. I chose, as type of connection, TCP, from port 80 to port 80,I configured it to send everything to my internal IP and finally i restarted the router.
It didn't work!
When I type my external IP to the browser all that comes is the router login page!

Do I miss something ?
Do I have to do anything else ?

Thanks in advance
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec '11 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would help, if you would post which router you have and make a screenshot from your config.

Just guessing I think you made a port forwarding to the router instead of the server IP.
theblacksnake

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec '11 20:57    Post subject: Apache Server Port Forward Reply with quote

OK. My router is a Gennet OxyGEN Router. And which configuration file do you mean ?
James Blond

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec '11 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you putted in the port forwarding
glsmith

PostPosted: Fri 30 Dec '11 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/GennetOxyGEN/RFA1400.Wv2/default.htm
theblacksnake

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec '11 11:23    Post subject: Apache Server Port Forward Reply with quote

So, I did the configuration to my router as this guide

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/GennetOxyGEN/RFA1400.Wv2/default.htm

but I set port 80. Again when I type my external ip to the browser I get the same page as If I typed my default gateway (router login)! (In Apache I haven't configure anything, just running it)

The problem is beacuse of my Apache configuration or beacuse of my router ?
Sob

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec '11 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying it from inside or from outside?

With some routers, when the port from public IP is forwarded to local server, it works great for the whole world, except for computers in the same local network as server behind the same router. Usually it just doesn't work at all (no page), but even getting router login page is imaginable.

You can test it using some external proxy like hidemyass.com to see how it works from outside.
theblacksnake

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec '11 20:36    Post subject: Apache Server Port Forward Reply with quote

@Sob

You were right, when I typed my external IP to www.armyproxy.com I saw my htdocs.

Thank you all for your help
tabestmaker

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan '13 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ! Is it Possible To host My Site On Rdp a Proxy maybe ?

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache Server Port Forward View previous topic :: View next topic