logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Any ModSecurity for Apache 1.3.33 on Windows?
Author
raffe

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec '05 18:54    Post subject: Any ModSecurity for Apache 1.3.33 on Windows? Reply with quote

Hi! I have WAMPserver on my WinXP (I know, I'm an idiot, but we don't talk about that now Wink ) from http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php and it has Apache 1.3.33 today. Is there any ModSecurity for me?

Can I do this:
1. Download mod_security
2. Create a folder .../modules/mod_security/
3. Copy to that folder: mod_security.so and the files msvcr80.dll and Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest. The ms files are necessary because the module is build with Visual C++ 2005, which supports a new deployment model (to prevent dll conflicts).
4. Add to my httpd.conf "LoadModule security_module modules/mod_security/mod_security.so"

And then everything is working? No "Compiling" an stuff? Embarassed
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec '05 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Apache 2.x module is not working with 1.3.x, so that does not work.

I do not know if someone has a binary for 1.3.x Sad

Steffen

ps.
Why not upgrade to Apache 2 ?
raffe

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec '05 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

Here http://www.wampserver.com/en/add-ons.php there is a "APACHE 2 ADD-ON" for WAMP, but they say:
Quote:
This add-on replaces apache 1.3.X by apache 2.0.50. It is fully compatible with other add-ons and can be installed before or after them. On the other hand, this add-on breaks the versions link, so you won't be able to directly upgrade WAMP5 with next version once this add-on is installed. Since apache 2 is not considered as fully stable with PHP, you should only install this add-on if you really need apache 2.
The text "On the other hand, this add-on breaks the versions link, so you won't be able to directly upgrade WAMP5 with next version once this add-on is installed. Since apache 2 is not considered as fully stable with PHP, you should only install this add-on if you really need apache 2" makes a dummie as me a little afraid Embarassed

What do you gurus think?
raffe

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec '05 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the Apache2-add-on and directly got problems Confused

Made a post in their forum and got this answer from the wampserver devs Very Happy :
> wait a fex hours, the new WAMP will be out with Apache 2
> directly include in the package, the apache2_add-on will not be
> necessary anymore.

After I have installed the new wampserver, I'll hopefully will not be back with new problems Mr. Green

Reply to topic   Topic: Any ModSecurity for Apache 1.3.33 on Windows? View previous topic :: View next topic