logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: .htacess problem
Author
Bob B.

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul '06 3:43    Post subject: .htacess problem Reply with quote

I am using Apache 2.2 with Windows 2000 server.
In testing .htacess in a member-only directory, when I access the page xxx.com/member-only, I get the password request from htaccess. If I enter my user ID and password, it doesn't accept it. My server gives me the error:

[Wed Jul 05 17:05:00 2006] [error] [client 71.114.32.208] user webmaster: authentication failure for "/member-only": Password Mismatch

My User ID is "webmaster" and my password is "test". Now here is what is weird...If I go to .htpassword and copy the encrypted password (pmlgNlFILlqkg) created by a subcription script I purchased, and insert it into the password form instead of "test" it works!!

It's like it's not being un-encrypted. I don't think it has anything to do with the script that encrypts the password since it accepts it encrypted. Could it be something to do with spaces in folder names that is common with windows??
By the way, to get .htaccess to work at all to begin with, I had to put the path to the password file in quotes as in:

AuthUserFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/member-only/.htpassword"

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul '06 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a topic about that...
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=1589

On Windows you should try to save the password in plain text.

There is also a php solution
Code:

<?php
//php5 Anpassung
$PHP_AUTH_USER=$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'];
$PHP_AUTH_PW=$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'];
//

$users = array(
      "user"=>"passwort",
      "anonyme"=>"devine"
   );

$auth_text = "Du darfst hier nicht rein!";

if(!(empty($PHP_AUTH_USER) || empty($PHP_AUTH_PW)) && $PHP_AUTH_PW==$users[$PHP_AUTH_USER]){
                  include("page.php");
   }
   else{
      header("www-authenticate: basic realm=\"$auth_text\"");
      header("http/1.0 401 unauthorized");
   }
?>
Bob B.

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul '06 14:49    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have passed it on to the author of my subscription software. Here is a site I found that has a free download of MD5 encryption if anyone can use it:

http://www.allhype.co.uk/tools/md5/

Thanks again..
Bob B.

Reply to topic   Topic: .htacess problem View previous topic :: View next topic