logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: installation problems with apache & php5
Author
skunkfacewoody

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul '06 12:10    Post subject: installation problems with apache & php5 Reply with quote

I hope for the sake of my sanity and the safety of my computer someone can help. I have been trying to install php5 to use with apache2 and windows xp. Apache installs fine and when you look up localhost you see the apache welcome screen no problems. Then the fun begins I download php5 save it to C drive under PHP5 move and rename the php.ini file to WINDOWS. Then move php5ts.dll to WINDOWS-SYSTEM32. Edit the apache config file with the usual LoadModule and AddType info. Then create phpinfo file store it in htdocs in apache. When I try to access it in IE, Firefox or Opera all I get is the error 404 file not found message. If you load a html page into the browser this works fine.

I have restored my computer numerous times to rectify the problem but every time same message. No matter where you move the files always the same. The sad thing is I had php5 and apache running on the computer fine before.

The apache error log says:-
Code:

[client 127.0.0.1] script 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/phpinfo.php' not found or unable to stat
[client 127.0.0.1] script 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/phpinfo.php' not found or unable to stat
[Mon Jul 10 12:38:09 2006] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Mon Jul 10 12:51:51 2006] [notice] Child 1248: All worker threads have exited.
[Mon Jul 10 12:51:51 2006] [notice] Child 1248: Child process is exiting
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul '06 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstall everything related to apache an follow the installation instructions. http://www.adcommcepts.com/wamp-install.pdf
or search inside the Forum, we had this topic over and over like
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=527
skunkfacewoody

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul '06 21:18    Post subject: Got the answer Reply with quote

Ok got the answer. Installation was done correctly, Apache configured correctly the error was that notepad text editor was creating phpinfo file as a text file not a php file even though .php extension was used that was all it was 10 days of searching for that. Readjusted text editor and up popped the correct screen.

Many Many Thanks to all those who tried to help. And thanks to forum for letting me post query.

Cheers

Reply to topic   Topic: installation problems with apache & php5 View previous topic :: View next topic