logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Build fails with Visual Studio 6
Author
slaphappy

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 0:16    Post subject: Build fails with Visual Studio 6 Reply with quote

This is the error I get: #error : Support for LDAP v2.0 toolkits has been removed from apr-util. Please use an LDAP v3.0 toolkit.
apr_ldap_url.c

I have the same problem whether compiling it by hand or in the IDE. Any ideas on what to do?
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 10 Mar '06 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ldap v3.0 is in the latest Microsoft Platform SDK.

But.. this SDK does not support working with Microsoft Visual C/C++®, 6.0 as support for VC 6.0 has ended.

(see www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en )

Steffen
apie

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar '06 3:29    Post subject: MS VC++ 6.0 is still OK Reply with quote

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en

After installing the above Platform SDK, I successfuly compiled Apache 2.2.0 with VC++ 6.0. "LDAP 2.0" error disappeared.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar '06 13:39    Post subject: Re: MS VC++ 6.0 is still OK Reply with quote

apie wrote:
After installing [...] error disappeared.

Can you tell us the error message?
apie

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar '06 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same error as slaphappy mentioned.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar '06 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen wrote:
Ldap v3.0 is in the latest Microsoft Platform SDK.

But.. this SDK does not support working with Microsoft Visual C/C++®, 6.0 as support for VC 6.0 has ended.

(see www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en )

Steffen

You need to download the newest VC++

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualC/default.aspx
apie

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar '06 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. But you might misread my post.
In my post, I said "I successfuly compiled Apache 2.2.0 with VC++ 6.0." Very Happy
mphare

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jul '06 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I downloaded the 2003 Platform, installed it and I still get the LDAP error mentioned above.

I downloaded and installed the VC++ 2005 Express and it gets a 'Cannot find windows.h' errors everywhere.

Any clues on this?
mphare

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jul '06 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the answer regarding windows.h
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7004&SiteID=1

But I seem to be getting other errors.
mphare

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul '06 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a sample of the link problems:
Code:
dso.c
apr_atomic.c
Generating Code...
Compiling resources...
Linking...
   Creating library .\Release/libapr-1.lib and object .\Release/libapr-1.exp
filestat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__FreeSid@4 referenced in function _free_world
filestat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__AllocateAndInitializeSid@44 referenced in function _resolve_prot
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptReleaseContext@8 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptGenRandom@12 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptAcquireContextA@20 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetSecurityDescriptorDacl@16 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExW@24 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
Release/libapr-1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 25 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\srclib\apr\Release\BuildLog.htm"
libapr - 30 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I get a similar set of errors on several modules.
Kambiz

PostPosted: Sat 09 Sep '06 23:37    Post subject: Re: MS VC++ 6.0 is still OK Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
apie wrote:
After installing [...] error disappeared.

Can you tell us the error message?

I get error "Support for LDAP v2.0 toolkits has been removed from apr-util. Please use an LDAP v3.0 toolkit." even after installing
"Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install" and
"Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK Full Download" and
"Windows Server 2003 R2 SDK Web Install"

I tried every one of them. Somebody can help me to compile Apache http server 2.2.3 !?!?

Thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: Build fails with Visual Studio 6 View previous topic :: View next topic