logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: How to access LAN app from WAN
Author
jendislav

PostPosted: Mon 20 May '13 11:15    Post subject: How to access LAN app from WAN Reply with quote

Hi,
I am apache beginner so I am sorry for my questions.
Now let me describe my issue.
I am running Win Server 2003 32 bit with Apache 2.2.8, PHP 5.2.9-2 and MySQL server 5.1.
My customer needs to use some specific app which is running under the apache.
Well, app is running well from LAN and from WAN as well. Issue is that from LAN user needs to access it via http://servername/index.html and from WAN http://www.companyweb.com and notes and other link are not working when user gets email from LAN and tries to access it from WAN.
I tried to set up LAN access via WAN address but it is not working. There is no DHCP on the server, there is AD only. It looks like DNS issue but I am not sure so is there any way how to solve it in apache setting?

Thanks for answer.

regards,

Jan
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 21 May '13 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you run AD, you must have an DNS server running. There you may override www.companyweb.com with the internal IP from the server. You only have to make sure that the clients in the network use the AD's DNS server.
jendislav

PostPosted: Tue 21 May '13 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Since you run AD, you must have an DNS server running. There you may override www.companyweb.com with the internal IP from the server. You only have to make sure that the clients in the network use the AD's DNS server.

Hi James,
thanks for answer.
Do you mean and a record into DNS forward lookup zone? Like www.neededwebsite.xxx with internal IP for example 192.168.1.1?

Thanks,

Jan
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 21 May '13 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yepp, an A record in the forward zone.
jendislav

PostPosted: Tue 21 May '13 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will not work I think... I should add new forward lookup zone because my local domain is something.local and website is www.something-crm.xx.
I tried to add new forward zone - something-xxx.xx and then add a record www with needed IP but it doesnt work as well. When I am trying ot use internal IP it works but it doesnt when I am using website name.

J.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 21 May '13 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the website you need access to is wibble.example.com, then do the following:

1) Create a forward lookup zone for example.com
2) Create an A record for wibble with the internal IP address
jendislav

PostPosted: Wed 22 May '13 9:19    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Hi James,

thanks for answer.
I did that before you reply and it works now.

Thanks for help.

regards,

Jan
Sarah Keys

PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct '14 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Gold Addon
Zygor Leveling Guides
I need to create a forward lookup zone and I have some doubts regarding the type. All Screen Doors
For this example the zone type should be master or slave ? Days to FitnessPerfect Green Lawn
Thanks for your help
Best Regards
Sarah K.Car Phone HolderTrubrain IngredientsTed Reviews

Last edited by Sarah Keys on Sun 19 Jul '15 8:56; edited 6 times in total
jraute

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct '14 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

that should be a master-zone on that dns-server, where you want to host the entries. slave-zones are used for given zones, used for reducing the load of the master-server and for increasing the reliability.

Reply to topic   Topic: How to access LAN app from WAN View previous topic :: View next topic