logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Building on visual c++ express edition fails!!!!
Author
oxalide

PostPosted: Wed 26 Apr '06 15:52    Post subject: Building on visual c++ express edition fails!!!! Reply with quote

I'm calling for help because i'm going to kill myself with this apache 2.2 visual c++ 2005 express edition build thing....

In fact i have to compile it in 64bits to make it faster on a windows 2003 x64. So i did compile apache 2.2 with visual .NET but i can't with 2005. Here we go :

When i use the GUI interface, i get the following errors with libapr :

Linking...
Creating library .\Release/libapr-1.lib and object .\Release/libapr-1.exp
filestat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__FreeSid@4 referenced in function _free_world
filestat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__AllocateAndInitializeSid@44 referenced in function _resolve_prot
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptReleaseContext@8 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptGenRandom@12 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptAcquireContextA@20 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetSecurityDescriptorDacl@16 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__InitializeSecurityDescriptor@8 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DuplicateTokenEx@24 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LogonUserW@24 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RevertToSelf@0 referenced in function _apr_proc_create@24
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateProcessAsUserW@44 referenced in function _apr_proc_create@24
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ImpersonateLoggedOnUser@4 referenced in function _apr_proc_create@24
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountNameA@28 referenced in function _apr_gid_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountNameA@28
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountSidA@28 referenced in function _apr_gid_name_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountSidA@28
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__EqualSid@8 referenced in function _apr_gid_compare@8
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__EqualSid@8
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsValidSid@4 referenced in function _apr_gid_compare@8
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsValidSid@4
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSidSubAuthority@8 referenced in function _get_sid_string
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSidSubAuthorityCount@4 referenced in function _get_sid_string
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSidIdentifierAuthority@4 referenced in function _get_sid_string
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetTokenInformation@20 referenced in function _apr_uid_current@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenProcessToken@12 referenced in function _apr_uid_current@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExA@24 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExW@24 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
Release/libapr-1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 25 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\build\httpd-2.2.0\srclib\apr\Release\BuildLog.htm"
libapr - 30 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Why ??? i don't get it, i have my wincrypt.h and the crypt32.lib too!!!

So i did try with the command line, and.....it worked but when i launch the httpd.exe it fails telling me that it couldn't find the msvcr80.dll, wich is in the manifest....

I don't get it, could you please please help me (the beattles)....
oxalide

PostPosted: Wed 26 Apr '06 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind i did resolve my problem....but maybe you can describe the 64 compilations steps Very Happy
mphare

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul '06 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

oxalide wrote:
Nevermind i did resolve my problem....but maybe you can describe the 64 compilations steps Very Happy

I'd like to know how you solved this problem.
I'm having the same thing when I compile Apache 2.2.2 with VC++ 2005.

Thanks!
mphare

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul '06 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that I was able to compile 2.2.2 using the command line (After I got all the environment stuff set up correctly). I'm running it on my internal site now and it seems to be working.

But, I still cannot build using the IDE (VC++ 2005 Express)

Code:

------ Build started: Project: libapr, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
userinfo.c
groupinfo.c
dso.c
apr_atomic.c
Generating Code...
Compiling resources...
Linking...
   Creating library .\Debug/libapr-1.lib and object .\Debug/libapr-1.exp
filestat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__AllocateAndInitializeSid@44 referenced in function _resolve_prot
filestat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__FreeSid@4 referenced in function _free_world
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptReleaseContext@8 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptGenRandom@12 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
rand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CryptAcquireContextA@20 referenced in function _apr_generate_random_bytes@8
ali_fareed

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul '06 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have the exact problem and building apache with the command line seems to solve the problem but what did you do with the manifests since building with the command line without changing th makefile doesnt embed the manifest did you manually embed the manifests in every binary or did you just leave them with the binaries
mphare

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul '06 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you are even talking about Smile

All I did was run the makefile. So what are the manifests and what am I missing?
Steffen

PostPosted: Fri 14 Jul '06 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are trying to build a Debug build: Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Try to build a Release build.

Indeed the cmd-line build does not include the manifest files, as long as you are running on a box where VC++ 2005 Express is installed or you have installed the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package then it should work.

Steffen
mphare

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul '06 6:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release Build has the same problem in the IDE.
Same errors during the link stage.

Is there something I need to configure in the IDE? I haven't done anything except install and pull up the apache DSW file.

I set the InstallBin as the default probject.
pnllan

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul '06 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the following post:

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=103

mphare

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul '06 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I will try it tomorrow when I'm back at the builder machine.

Thanks for the link!
mphare

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul '06 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK downloaded OpenSSL, zLib and MASM and completed all the steps for those. (even though I really don't need either OpenSSL or zLib, I did it anyway.

However, when it gets to the Apache part, I get the same errors I got before:
Quote:
------ Build started: Project: libapr, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Linking...
Creating library .\Release/libapr-1.lib and object .\Release/libapr-1.exp
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetSecurityDescriptorDacl@16 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__InitializeSecurityDescriptor@8 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DuplicateTokenEx@24 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LogonUserW@24 referenced in function _apr_procattr_user_set@12
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RevertToSelf@0 referenced in function _apr_proc_create@24
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateProcessAsUserW@44 referenced in function _apr_proc_create@24
proc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ImpersonateLoggedOnUser@4 referenced in function _apr_proc_create@24
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountNameA@28 referenced in function _apr_gid_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountNameA@28
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountSidA@28 referenced in function _apr_gid_name_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LookupAccountSidA@28
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__EqualSid@8 referenced in function _apr_gid_compare@8
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__EqualSid@8
groupinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsValidSid@4 referenced in function _apr_gid_compare@8
userinfo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsValidSid@4
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSidSubAuthority@8 referenced in function _get_sid_string
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSidSubAuthorityCount@4 referenced in function _get_sid_string
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSidIdentifierAuthority@4 referenced in function _get_sid_string
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetTokenInformation@20 referenced in function _apr_uid_current@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenProcessToken@12 referenced in function _apr_uid_current@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExA@24 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExW@24 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
userinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function _apr_uid_homepath_get@12
Release/libapr-1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 25 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\srclib\apr\Release\BuildLog.htm"
libapr - 30 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: libapriconv, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Linking...
Creating library .\Release/libapriconv-1.lib and object .\Release/libapriconv-1.exp
Embedding manifest...
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\srclib\apr-iconv\Release\BuildLog.htm"
libapriconv - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: xml, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\srclib\apr-util\xml\expat\lib\LibR\BuildLog.htm"
xml - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
pnllan

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul '06 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed one thing in the referring post. It does not say anything about installing the latest Windows SDK. I'm not sure, but that might help.

Also, you can go to the BuildBin and InstallBin and UNCHECK any modules that you do need or want. See what happens when you uncheck mod_ssl and mod-deflate (ZLIB).
mphare

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul '06 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is two threads for this, sorry.
I have the latest platform SDK and I can build apache using the command line. It's just the IDE that is goving me fits.

Thanks!
mphare

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul '06 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to rebuild using the command line since I added zlib and openssl.

I'm getting this:
Quote:

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Warning: cannot find "mod_ssl.dep"
Could Not Find D:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\modules\ssl\Release\mod_ssl.exp
Could Not Find D:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\modules\ssl\Release\mod_ssl.lib
Could Not Find D:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\modules\ssl\Release\mod_ssl.pdb
Could Not Find D:\Development\Apache\httpd-2.2.2\modules\ssl\Release\mod_ssl.so
rc.exe /l 0x409 /fo".\Release\mod_ssl.res" /d "NDEBUG" .\mod_ssl.rc
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '"..\..\srclib\apr\Release\libapr-1.lib"'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I can't find any of these file anywhere in my development structure.

Reply to topic   Topic: Building on visual c++ express edition fails!!!! View previous topic :: View next topic