logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: StreamWriter on .NET fails every 50th request to Apache SSL
Author
kevpatts

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct '13 18:07    Post subject: StreamWriter on .NET fails every 50th request to Apache SSL Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with a .NET client connecting to an apache server for XML requests. Exactly every 50th time XML is transferred the response seems to be lost.

Looking at a WireShark trace on the client I can see that every 50th time the apache server sends an encrypted alert followed by a FIN, ACK. The client responds with a RST which closes the socket, but then the client continues to try to use the socket, it sends SYN packets without any response. When this happens the response doesn't get back to the application layer on the client.

After the client times out and reconnects (renegotiates encryption) it works another 49 times and then fails again.

Just to add this same .NET client is in use on many other client machines without a problem.

I can't find anyone else having this issue. Any ideas how to resolve this?
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct '13 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Apache version do you use? What are your SSL settings?

Reply to topic   Topic: StreamWriter on .NET fails every 50th request to Apache SSL View previous topic :: View next topic