logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mysql management, phpmyadmin turns blank pages
Author
keneso

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul '14 17:35    Post subject: mysql management, phpmyadmin turns blank pages Reply with quote

Hi

I am trying to use a local wamp, I followed the instructions at

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=2394

after some errors by windows services regarding Apache and MySql start, I got to the point that Apache, and MySql services are running, when going to browser I also see the phpinfo page, and of course other html pages.

I don't know how to create, and manage databases, and tables in MySql

I tried different times the phpMyAdmin, but first, I get a blank page by going to localhost/phpmyadmin, and secondly I get the directories list when going to other directories, and blank pages; I don't find the scripts directory mentioned in the thread, and when going to phpmyadmin/setup I get the list of files, and directories, and if I try phpmyadmin/setup/index.php I get blank page.

In other words I don't know how to manage MySql (users, passwords, databases, and tables).

Thank you
keneso

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jul '14 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not enabled extension=php_mbstring.dll, now I did, and when I click index.php it displays the login screen.

Now I have to find out how to log in, I tried root and the password I have set as
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'mypass';
and get:
#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

Thank you
keneso

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jul '14 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason it redesplays the blank page again ...

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul '14 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You enabled the php error log in your php.ini?
keneso

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jul '14 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

In php.ini it is set to on:
log_errors = On

Problem is I don't know how to interpret it.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul '14 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can post the error log to paste bin and post here the link so we can take a look at it.

Reply to topic   Topic: mysql management, phpmyadmin turns blank pages View previous topic :: View next topic