logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Outside Access Issue
Author
jharvey1029

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct '14 0:21    Post subject: Outside Access Issue Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was someone that could assist me with an issue I continue to struggle with.

First of all I'm running apache2.4.9, PHP an MySQL in an all in one app called WAMP.

My ISP is Xfinity and I'm residential.

I'm using WAMP to run ownCloud from home because I feel it would be safer and it's private.

My issue seems to be accessing the cloud from outside my LAN. I have tried altering the listen port within Apache from 80 but it wont restart after. I have port forward those ports in my router and confirmed those are open with a port checker.

Is there something I'm missing because I'm not thinking clearly or what?

I've even gone to the step of using a Dynamic Update Client with No-IP.com, but still nothing.

Can someone help me please???

James
jraute

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct '14 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firewall?
And be careful with your network-configuration.
If you want to use the installed webserver from outside check that your network is NOT declared as home network!
jimski

PostPosted: Sun 04 Jan '15 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that some consumer routers do not allow traffic from inside to hit the ports on the outside on the same IP. Make sure that your router can do that. It is called NAT Reflection or NAT Loopback.

Lower the firewall for testing or in your OS add firewall exceptions for your application.

Try to Telnet to your site first with IP then with domain name. 80 is an example port that you are trying to test.
Example:
first with LAN IP
>Telnet 192.168.0.22 80 This will tell you if you can connect over LAN
then do the same with WAN IP
>Telnet 109.222.34.12 80 This will tell you if your router is configured properly and if allows Nat reflection
then do the same with domain
>Telnet mydeadwebsite.com 80 This will tell you if your DNS is configured properly

Reply to topic   Topic: Outside Access Issue View previous topic :: View next topic