logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.4 - help needed :)
Author
laurasaur

PostPosted: Wed 09 Aug '06 8:57    Post subject: Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.4 - help needed :) Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have spent the last 3 days at a complete loss as to why my PHP is not working on Apache.

I have followed step by step the very clear guide off your website http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=570
and the server is up and running, i can view the success page at http://myip:8080 or whatever just fine, but as soon as I put any php in the index page (at the moment I am just putting this in
Code:

<html>
<body>
<?php
print "<h1>Hi there from my PHP program!</h1>";
?>
</body>
</html>

But all I am getting over and over again is this (note the residual tags and its not even being formatted as a heading)
Code:

Hi there from my PHP program!"; ?>

Nothing I can do has changed anything at all. Im being to wonder whether I am doing something fundamentally wrong, because I tried to install Xitami with PHP and got the exact same result.

Please help me, I am wasting amazing amounts of time doing this hehe Smile

Thanks In Advance,
Laura
pnllan

PostPosted: Wed 09 Aug '06 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura,

I just did a direct copy your PHP code, and saved as index.php. It displays exactly as you would expect: produce a page with an H1 with the 'Hi there...' and no residual PHP close tag. I know this may sound silly, but Are you saving your page with a .php extension?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 09 Aug '06 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you made the config as in the guide showed. Your file extension is wrong! make sure that is only .php and not .php.txt or what ever. Windows XP/2000 normaly don't show extension of known file types.

----
edit:
pnllan was a few seconds faster Wink
edit (pnllan):hehehe Cool
laurasaur

PostPosted: Wed 09 Aug '06 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh.my.gosh.

you are kidding me right? hahaha i just checked and yeah, it wasnt saved as .php - far out i wish i had come here 3 days ago,w ould have saved me hours of time and like 3 fresh installs of everything

thank you so much! hehe - obviously has alot to do with my blonde hair lol

laura
pnllan

PostPosted: Wed 09 Aug '06 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! Mr. Green

Glad we could help, and thanks for letting know that the setup in the 'How to' section was clear.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.4 - help needed :) View previous topic :: View next topic