logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 has release
Author
godpusa

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jul '15 4:03    Post subject: Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 has release Reply with quote

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 final has release.
download link below:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145
is there any differences between the "RC" and "final"?
Smitty

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jul '15 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it bumps up the version number from the RC version. I uninstalled the RC and installed the released version and Apache VC14 still works fine. Thanks for letting us know it is out of RC now!
Jan-E

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jul '15 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is related to the RTM of Visual Studio 2015:
https://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2015-vs
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jul '15 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Visual Studio 2015 is final.

On the download page is already a link to the final Visual C++ Redistributable. Changes over the RC is not disclosed, only they reported to me that it fixes an issue with installing on some systems.

I rebuild coming days the binaries and modules with the final. I am not aware of changes in the C++ area, and it should run as good as build with RC.

Reply to topic   Topic: Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 has release View previous topic :: View next topic