logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Coding & Scripting Corner View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Customer login and redirect to specific page
Author
JeremyGelber

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep '15 11:00    Post subject: Customer login and redirect to specific page Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times but I briefly looked through the forum and couldn't find an answer.

First off, be gentle with me - I'm not that wonderful with Apache and only have it running very basic websites.

What I want is a "Customer Login" link/button that brings up a dialog box asking for a username and password. Depending on which username is entered, the user is directed to their specific page dedicated just for them.

This is for a photography website. For each new customer, I want them to be able to access their picture album (and only THEIR album) by logging in. Otherwise the rest of the site is open to the usual anonymous access.

How would I go about doing this please, and if you could talk me through ALL the steps required (assume I have basically no knowledge!) that would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 10 Sep '15 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think apache itself is not the right soluation for this. You might wanna use a scripting language like php, perl or what ever.
JeremyGelber

PostPosted: Thu 10 Sep '15 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok. I shall look into PHP in that case.

Reply to topic   Topic: Customer login and redirect to specific page View previous topic :: View next topic