logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 build with mod_authn_alias
Author
jfenlason

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 15:53    Post subject: Apache 2.2 build with mod_authn_alias Reply with quote

I don't suppose anyone has any tips or pointers on building mod_authn_alias with Visual Studio 2005? I'm able to build Apache fine, but can't figure out mod_authn_alias. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Josh.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed mod_authn_alias build scripts/code are missing in the source. The download here has mod_authn_alias.so included.
jfenlason

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to build my own Apache binary and it would be nice to be able to build my own mod_authn_alias binary as well. I don't suppose you would be willing to share the steps you took to build mod_authn_alias? Thanks.
Josh.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfenlason wrote:
I don't suppose you would be willing to share the steps you took to build mod_authn_alias?.
How can you say that Question I am feeling that you try to press me. Look around here, I am a big sharer. I invite you to share also your knowledge and answer questions, there must be always some you can answer. This is a user-to-user community and not a help desk where you just drop a question.

Steffen
jfenlason

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're very good at sharing. Your tips for building Apache 2.2 with VS 2005 were much appreciated and extremely helpful in allowing me to build for Windows.
I've seen your posts that you were able to build mod_authn_alias by creating your own mod_authn_alias project files and a few other modifications. I haven't seen what the actual changes were. If I'm missing where they are posted, I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
I apologize if I offended you. That was not my intent. I'm just looking for a little help in figuring out how to build mod_authn_alias. If this isn't the correct place to post for such help, I apologize.
I just registered here this morning and wasn't even familiar with it until a few weeks ago, so I don't know how you can be on me for not helping. I haven't been around here long enough to try. Plus, I'm far from a C/C++ or Apache developer. I just do the builds for my company. When I see issues that I've run into or solved on the Apache mailing list, I help as I am able.
Steffen

PostPosted: Mon 14 Aug '06 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

K
Mail me at info op apachelounge.com for the new/changed files.

Steffen
jfenlason

PostPosted: Thu 17 Aug '06 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're project files worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.
Josh.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2 build with mod_authn_alias View previous topic :: View next topic