logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.3 and php DLL problem
Author
chrish

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug '06 11:59    Post subject: Apache 2.2.3 and php DLL problem Reply with quote

Hi, tried upgrading from apache 2.0.52 to 2.2.3 (WindowsXP), and apache server wont start - says cannot find php4apache2.dll - have checked all the conf file, windows path etc. but still fails.

I must use php 4.3.0, as my app is finished in this version.

Eventualy reverted to 2.0.52 and problem disappears.

Is there a known problem with this combination?
Thanks
Chris
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug '06 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already answered your question in your other post, again:

Yes, very well known issue. The PHP 4.3.0 apache2handler (to run php as module in apache) is not working with Apache 2.2.x

It is explainded at the ASF site:
asf wrote:
Add-in modules for Apache 1.3 or 2.0 are not compatible with Apache 2.2. If you are running third party add-in modules, you must obtain modules compilied or updated for Apache 2.2 from that third party, before you attempt to upgrade from these previous versions. Modules compiled for Apache 2.2 should continue to work for all 2.2.x releases.

For 4.4.x and 5.1.x we have new .dll's here at the download page, not for 4.3.x . You can try the one for 4.4.x, not sure it works.

Btw. php 4.3 is legacy.

Steffen
chrish

PostPosted: Tue 15 Aug '06 20:20    Post subject: Re:Apache 2.2.3 and php DLL problem Reply with quote

Thank you Stephan, sorry I didn't find your previous reply.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.3 and php DLL problem View previous topic :: View next topic