logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Cant use apache locahost
Author
elalti

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec '05 13:34    Post subject: Cant use apache locahost Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm trying to use IP 127.0.0.1 as server for testing PHP but the brower can't find the page.

I've already changed httpd.conf file for the servername 127.0.0.1 and restarted but still it is't working.

Thanks for help.

/elalti
shaggy

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan '06 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

u might want to try ServerName as compname instead. I've got mine as name instead of IP addy. (i.e.:localhost instead of 127.0.0.1).

Another thing is to check your host file, depending on what version your windows is depends on where your host file is at. Open that up in a text editor like notepad and see if u see something like......
127.0.0.1 localhost
in there

Trouble shoot via by pinging, traceroute, etc. localhost and see if it's connectiable/online/your computer sees and views it.

Reply to topic   Topic: Cant use apache locahost View previous topic :: View next topic