logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: How to create .so file on windows?
Author
Rosy

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun '16 18:03    Post subject: How to create .so file on windows? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am running apache webserver(2.4 version) on windows server 2012.

I want to create a .so module which I can load on apache.

Can anyone help me on how to create .so files on windows? or else can anyone provide me a sample code?

Thanks
Rosy
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 05 Jun '16 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rosy,

the .so extension is a bit misleading. The naming comes from the origins on linux. All modules on windows are dll files with the .so extension in the name.

a very easy and short example module can be found here https://github.com/JBlond/mod_moo
There is also a small how to compile it in the readme file.

if you still have a question please ask again.
glsmith

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jun '16 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi-Off Topic:

@JBlond

You should probably add a /manifest in the link lines for VS 2013 & 2015 for moo cow. I actually do not think you have to embed manifests anymore but it doesn't hurt and you will not get one in these versions without the /manifest switch so the embedding (MT) will fail, not that it matters it just looks ugly when it happens.
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun '16 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used that flag and it always worked with VC9 and VC 11.

I thought that 2013 and 2015 so longer need that MT line at all. Am I wrong?
glsmith

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun '16 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are not wrong. I was just saying that following those instruction on VC12/14 the MT part will error, possibly causing those who do not know, to think they have an unusable module.

Reply to topic   Topic: How to create .so file on windows? View previous topic :: View next topic