logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: 'client denied by server configuration' in error.log
Author
DavidSpector

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 21:27    Post subject: 'client denied by server configuration' in error.log Reply with quote

Question I am getting messages
Code:
[Sat Oct 07 09:36:36.292292 2017] [access_compat:error] [pid 6728:tid 900] [client 127.0.0.1:53963] AH01797: : C:/apache

in the Apache error log.

Note that no accessing client name is given.

Note that C:/apache is a nonexistent folder. My Apache is installed in C:\Apache24 .

I use the Order directive in many places. I am hoping that I don't have to track down all the config and htaccess files in which it may be used, just the ones (if any) where it is used incorrectly, generating this error.

Anyone have a specific answer which is based on sure knowledge rather than guessing?

Windows 8.1
Apache 2.4.9 (32 bit)
PHP 5.5.10
Xing

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

No specific answers, guessing :

You are looking for guys with knowledge, you are lucky: Have a look for pointers at www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=2863

2.4.9 is very old, advice to upgrade.
DavidSpector

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 22:01    Post subject: Xing, thanks. Reply with quote

Xing, Thank you. I've been holding back on installing a newer version of PHP because it would break some of my mySQL code which is not trivial to comply with the latest required PHP syntax.

The link you provide is to an unrelated problem involving building PHP from c code. I am not interested in building PHP.

I am serious that I don't want guesses.
Xing

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops wrong copy : https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=28631

I've found mixing old and new style access directives has varied odd behaviors.
DavidSpector

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 22:12    Post subject: Xing, Thanks Reply with quote

Xing, I've already seen this posting. I don't want to go through all this work unless it is necessary.

I am serious that I don't want guesses. I wish to find the specific place of error.

Thanks anyway.
glsmith

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then I guess you need to post your config at http://apaste.info/ and give us the link/s to those posts. You have a very strange incomplete error there so without seeing anything else, what else can we do but guess or just let the question go unanswered. Smile
DavidSpector

PostPosted: Sat 07 Oct '17 23:22    Post subject: Providing the config file Reply with quote

glsmith, That is very kind of you, but I have to think about it and read over my config file, as I don't want anything public that might make me vulnerable to malicious users.

Reply to topic   Topic: 'client denied by server configuration' in error.log View previous topic :: View next topic