logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: MOD_WSCGI will not load
Author
rtobyr

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec '17 19:50    Post subject: MOD_WSCGI will not load Reply with quote

We used to have a fantastic webdev who has even contributed code to the project. He retired years and years ago, and we didn't replace him. One of our intranet servers is Windows 2003, which cannot join a 2016 domain which we are upgrading to soon.

This guy would keep everything in two folders: C:\webdata for the site, and C:\webservices for Apache (2.2) and PHP (5.3.10), etc. Now, since this server is 32 bit I have had to attempt this on Windows 10x32 since I don't think that I'd be able to replicate his work. Also, I couldn't find a 64 bit version, and the 32 bit one won't run on a 64 bit server. What I did was simply copy the two folders above to the new computer. I think this should be fine because I doubt registry entries are involved.

When I try to start httpd.exe it complains that it cannot load mod_wscgi.so, and quits. From what I've read on Google, this module requires Python. I installed Python 2.7.3. That didn't fix the problem.

What should I try next?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 06 Dec '17 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the 32 bit version does not run on the new server. Does it need some VC runtime files to be installed? If you have tried to run it, anything in the windows event log and or apache error log?

Reply to topic   Topic: MOD_WSCGI will not load View previous topic :: View next topic