logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Win 10 /w Apache (front) & IIS (back) what PHP to instal
Author
MeSo2

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jul '18 1:15    Post subject: Win 10 /w Apache (front) & IIS (back) what PHP to instal Reply with quote

I am running Apache 2.4.20.0 and IIS 10.0.17134.1. I have PHP php-7.0.6-nts-Win32-VC14-x64 and php-7.0.6-Win32-VC14-x64 installed, in parallel. If I remember right, one is used by IIS and the other for Apache served content. Confused

I am considering an Apache and PHP upgrade. Should I be installing PHP though IIS for the IIS side, and install Apache and PHP manually on the side for the Apache side? And what PHP, Non-Thread-Safe or Thread-Safe would I need to install for Apache on Windows?
Embarassed

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug '18 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends if you need PHP on the IIS.

If I were you I would use only Apache with HPp and uninstall IIS. But that is just a personal preference.

Sure you can install PHP NTS with IIS and use that binary for apache with mod_fcgid. I use mod_fcgid only Wink
MeSo2

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug '18 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for taking the time to write me back. In hindsight I dropped the idea of upgrading. I am stuck with IIS because I am using ASP and it would be too much work to trans-code everything

Reply to topic   Topic: Win 10 /w Apache (front) & IIS (back) what PHP to instal View previous topic :: View next topic