logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.2.3 , cronolog 1.6.2 on windows?
Author
toadie

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct '06 6:31    Post subject: apache 2.2.3 , cronolog 1.6.2 on windows? Reply with quote

It seems that cronolog does not play well with apache 2.2.3 . when you shut down apache, none of the cronolog sessions are terminated. they just left hanging. This didn't happen with Apache 2.0.5X.

I looked at the cronolog src code and none of it is Apache specific so I would assume that you shouldn't need to recompile .

Anyhow, i tried to compile cronolog in VC++ 2005 express and had no luck. Anyone else have tried it?
VoodooMill

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jan '07 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there toadie,

I've experienced the same issue with Cronolog and rotatelogs.

I found somewhere, might have even been on these forums (I can't remember - can't give the proper credit - sorry) that if you alter server/log.c as follows then compile:

REPLACE ALL INSTANCES OF
apr_procattr_cmdtype_set(procattr, APR_SHELLCMD_ENV)
WITH
apr_procattr_cmdtype_set(procattr, APR_PROGRAM_ENV)

The hanging issue went away for me as did the ungodly amount of processes associated with logging (4 cmd & 4 rotatelogs processes).
warrenwessels

PostPosted: Thu 10 May '07 17:25    Post subject: Apache 2.0 win32 rebuild Reply with quote

VoodooMill, I'm having the same problem with rotatelog.exe and cronolog.exe not hanging up properly/stacking up processes/leaving file handles open...

Do you have a copy of Apache 2.0.x that you rebuilt from source with the apr_proc_attr_cmdtype_set fix around that I could nab from you? I'd like to try it out and see if it fixes the issue for me, as well.

Thanks,
Warren

Reply to topic   Topic: apache 2.2.3 , cronolog 1.6.2 on windows? View previous topic :: View next topic