logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Has anyone created a simple mod from scratch on win32? Page Previous  1, 2
Author
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov '06 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I think you have a Debug build of Apache 2.2.3, but a Release build of mod_foo.

When you originally built Apache, did you use a command like:
    NMAKE /f Makefile.win ... installr
    -or-
    NMAKE /f Makefile.win ... _apacher

to build Apache? These commands create a Release build of Apache.

If you use installd or _apached it is a Debug build.

You can build a Debug module with apxs (to work with a Debug build of Apache) by adding the -d switch:
Code:
apxs -c -i -a -d mod_foo.c libapr-1.lib libaprutil-1.lib libapriconv-1.lib libhttpd.lib

-tom-

p.s. I tried building Apache 2.2.3 on WinXP, and it *does* generate a dependency on the non-existant file msjava.dll.
Apparently this is not a problem. Sorry for being suspicious of it - I should have tried it first.

-t-
bruciebruce

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov '06 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

As Darth Vader lay dying he whispered to Luke Skywalker, "You were right,
you were right!
"....uughh (#$%#%)

Without your help I would have not gone this far with this. This validates the usefulness (for me anyway) of collaboration forums on the .net

Thanks again!

-Bruce

Reply to topic   Topic: Has anyone created a simple mod from scratch on win32? View previous topic :: View next topic