logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Gateway/forwarding failure?
Author
Ed V.

PostPosted: Wed 20 Sep '06 6:32    Post subject: Gateway/forwarding failure? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am setting up Apache 2.2 on an XP machine on my LAN. Installation was no problem, and the server responds to any requests from the LAN side correctly, but WAN side isn't being seen. The obvious thing would be router port, and i have verified (repeatedly!) that it is indeed forwarded to this machines IP (All of my LAN machines are configured to static IP), and ports i have forwarded for other apps work correctly. I used Shields UP! online port checker which confirms that the port is open on the wan side of the router, so it doesnt appear to be blocked by my isp either. The Server machines windows firewall is currently disabled, but did not help.
I searched and read many faqs and threads, including your own http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=740 but i cannot seem to figure this one out. I'm using comcast cable isp, with comcast supplied netgear modem/router/wireless router.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Ed
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed 20 Sep '06 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acording to google COmcast seems to be blocking port 80
http://www.plug.org/pipermail/plug/2004-November/010728.html
Ed V.

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep '06 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure that my port 80 is being blocked, everything I could think of to check says it isn't, but i'm not very good at this yet, so it could very well be and i just don't know how to tell! . However, I have tried multiple ports, from 443, 8080, and quite a few that i just pulled randomly from the air. Each time i forward one of these ports to my server machine from the router, the online port checker confirms that the port is open from the wan side, but apache still only responds to it from the lan. Am i doing something incorrectly with the server config? My router does not give me the option of forwarding to a particular port on the lan, for instance i cannot forward port 9888 on the router to port 80 on the lan server machine.
The only change i have been making to the config file is the 'Listen 9888'
line to reflect the port i am forwarding.
Brand new to net stuff and scripting, so forgive me if i've missed some basics. Learning as i go!

Ed V.
Jorge

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep '06 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always add more Listen PortHere directives.

You could do a port scan to see if port 80 is being blocked
asims

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov '06 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed V. (Or Anyone Else)

I have the same issue described here. Did you get a resolution, and if so, can you share it with me?

Best Regards

Andy Sims

Reply to topic   Topic: Gateway/forwarding failure? View previous topic :: View next topic