logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache PHP Mysql Setup Mysql_fix_privilege_tables
Author
ArtM

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar '06 4:02    Post subject: Apache PHP Mysql Setup Mysql_fix_privilege_tables Reply with quote

I seem to have most everything functioning.

So I rolled over a disk image of my old MySQL 4+ data onto the new Apache 2.2 Php 5.1.2 Mysql 5.0.18 PHPMyAdmin 2.8.0 system,
(Deadeye disk copy). My old DB apps work fine. All appears well. Until I go to PHPMyAdmin to try to add user /password privileges. It then tells me

Quote:
Warning: Your privilege table structure seems to be older than this MySQL version!
Please run the script mysql_fix_privilege_tables that should be included in your MySQL server distribution to solve this problem!

I've tried running this SQL script 49 different ways - command line - PHPMyAdmin - etc.

The closest I get is from the command line where it spits out a bunch of
"Error 1046 (3D000) No Database Selected Error"s

Shutdown, restarts, repeats - same effect.

Any tips ?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar '06 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you copy the binary of the DB? You need to put them out maybe with phpmyadmin as sql and put the sql file in the DB. Copying the binarys will not work!
ArtM

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar '06 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
Did you copy the binary of the DB? You need to put them out maybe with phpmyadmin as sql and put the sql file in the DB. Copying the binarys will not work!

Actually - as far as I could tell my main DB's worked just fine (after shuffling binary copies) from my application (http://www.photography-on-the.net/ee/ - skip 1.22; look for 1.5 RC4 or wait for the new one) for both browsing & updating.

The only thing that DID NOT work was Privilege Table maintenance!! Theres a hole there somewhere! Maybe in my head!

So I did what you suggested - dumped the DB & Imported it back onto a virgin copy of the DB from the installation. ALL DB's seem to work now - except for some versioning PHP/MySQL errors.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache PHP Mysql Setup Mysql_fix_privilege_tables View previous topic :: View next topic