logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_log_rotate Win32 binary available
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 03 Nov '05 20:07    Post subject: mod_log_rotate Win32 binary available Reply with quote

If you host a lot of virtual servers on a single Apache box and use the supplied rotatelogs program to rotate the logs you’ll notice that your process table is cluttered up with an instance of rotatelogs for each virtual server. With mod_log_rotate the log rotation is handled by the server process so you save a bunch of processes and file descriptors.

See more at www.hexten.net/mod_log_rotate/

Download Windows binary: www.apachelounge.com/download

Steffen
strigoi

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 21:30    Post subject: rotate logs mod Reply with quote

good day to you, installed the rotatelogs mod, seems it rotated them once, and now no new logs are being generated, any ideas ?

httpd.config set to
CustomLog logs/access.log combined

winodws xp, apache 2.0 php 5.1
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:

RotateLogs On
RotateInterval 7200

Should rotate every 3 hours, so you have not wait so long to see if it is working.

Steffen
strigoi

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec '05 22:04    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

man your fast, i like that, ok ill try that entry, really useful mods, thank you very much, ill keep ya updated on this ..
russ0519

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar '06 5:52    Post subject: RotateInterval and RotateLogsLocalTime not working Reply with quote

Even though it rotates fine every day at 7pm EST (12 am UTM), these options do not do anything. RotateInterval and RotateLogsLocalTime seem to be broken. Is this related to the port?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar '06 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTFM Wink You can set only RotateLogsLocalTime On|Off

If you want to rotate at 7 pm

Code:

RotateLogsLocalTime On
RotateInterval 86400 300

Idea
russ0519

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar '06 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
RTFM Wink You can set only RotateLogsLocalTime On|Off

If you want to rotate at 7 pm

Code:

RotateLogsLocalTime On
RotateInterval 86400 300

Idea

What i'm saying is that it rotates at 7pm whether or not I set any other options such as

Code:

RotateLogsLocalTime On
RotateInterval 86400 300

The above options have no effect (in fact I would like logs to rotate at midnight localtime, but I can't seem to get those options to do anything. Has anyone actually gotten it to work?
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar '06 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the manual

RotateLogsLocalTime On|Off
Normally the log rotation interval is based on UTC. For example an interval of 86400 (one day) will cause the logs to rotate at UTC 00:00. When this option is on, log rotation is timed relative to the local time.

RotateInterval <interval> [<offset>]
Set the interval in seconds for log rotation. The default is 86400 (one day). The shortest interval that can be specified is 60 seconds. An optional second argument specifies an offset in minutes which is applied to UTC (or local time if RotateLogsLocalTime is on). For example RotateInterval 86400 60 will cause logs to be rotated at 23:00 UTC.
russ0519

PostPosted: Wed 22 Mar '06 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:
From the manual

RotateLogsLocalTime On|Off
Normally the log rotation interval is based on UTC. For example an interval of 86400 (one day) will cause the logs to rotate at UTC 00:00. When this option is on, log rotation is timed relative to the local time.

RotateInterval <interval> [<offset>]
Set the interval in seconds for log rotation. The default is 86400 (one day). The shortest interval that can be specified is 60 seconds. An optional second argument specifies an offset in minutes which is applied to UTC (or local time if RotateLogsLocalTime is on). For example RotateInterval 86400 60 will cause logs to be rotated at 23:00 UTC.

I don't see how quoting the manual helps me. I read the manual, and what i'm saying is that these options don't work. I put them in the config file, and they have no effect. The logs still rotate at 7pm EST (which is 00:00 UTC).

Russ

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_log_rotate Win32 binary available View previous topic :: View next topic