logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Other Software View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: phpMyAdmin 2.0.8.2 and Apache 2.2
Author
niuginikiwi

PostPosted: Tue 28 Mar '06 13:14    Post subject: phpMyAdmin 2.0.8.2 and Apache 2.2 Reply with quote

I have Apache2.2, php 5.1.2 and mysql 5 running .... but when i installed phpMyAdmin 2.0.8.2 and created the conf.inc.php file usig the setup.php file in the script folder .... and when I request http://localhost/php/myAdmin .... nothing is happening... and a error directory is created in the C:/Apache2 directory with a list of files...

Does anyone have any idea how i can overcome this? I am stuck.

Thanks in advance for any response...
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 28 Mar '06 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

is phpMyAdmin in the htdocs folder or outside?
If it is outside you have to create an alias

Alias /phpmyadmin C:/php/phpmyadmin
<Directory C:/php/phpmayadmin>

Order dey,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1

</Directory>

Please post the error message!
niuginikiwi

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar '06 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,
I have the phpmyadmin folder in the htdocs folder...

I guess the conf.inc file has got sumthing to do with this... but i am not sure ... coz I forced to generate the conf.inc file thru a web browser interface using the setup file is in the scripts directory of the phpmyadmin folder..... as it sayz in the php documentation that release 2.0.8.2 conf.inc file can be generated thru that webinterface..

I don't know if i am making this clear but that is where i am stuck at the moment...
James Blond

PostPosted: Thu 30 Mar '06 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all other PHP scripts run well, but not phpmyadmin you may edit the config file by hand. We can't help you without any discrition or any error message. I'd say RTFM or post more infos

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/

If you only use the apache for development, you can use an allinclusive package from here. For myself I don't use that. I don't like it, but if you need a faster solution you may choose it.
niuginikiwi

PostPosted: Fri 31 Mar '06 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,
Thanks so much for the tips and info.
All I needed was to type in mySQL server username and password on the cofig file...

I am sure I will be back on this tread for more help later...

Thanks

Reply to topic   Topic: phpMyAdmin 2.0.8.2 and Apache 2.2 View previous topic :: View next topic