logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Mobile Apache Web Server
Author
Steffen

PostPosted: Sun 09 Jul '06 13:27    Post subject: Mobile Apache Web Server Reply with quote

Not windows related, but I want to share:

Nokia Research has come up with a port of the Apache web server for their smartphones (should work on any S60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2 based device and upward). Developing any kind of server on a mobile phone does not represent any technical issue. However, the biggest achievement I see in Nokia’s work is on making the device reachable from the Internet:

Providing access to a mobile phone from the Internet is not straightforward, as operators typically employ firewalls that prevent access from the Internet to phones inside that firewall. By implementing a custom gateway we could circumvent that limitation and we are now able to provide a webserver on a mobile phone with a global URL than can be accessed from any browser. In a sense, the mobile phone has now finally become a full member of the Internet.

Read more at http://research.nokia.com/research/projects/mobile-web-server/

Steffen
Jorge

PostPosted: Sun 09 Jul '06 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

there goes my 90mb free on my MMC card Mr. Green
maniac

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jul '06 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'ts a dream - to crush a web server against the wall (:
bentogoa

PostPosted: Tue 11 Dec '07 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i download it
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 11 Dec '07 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

For installation and more info the Nokia research wiki

Reply to topic   Topic: Mobile Apache Web Server View previous topic :: View next topic