logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_fcgid build problem
Author
Obsidian

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan '08 5:51    Post subject: mod_fcgid build problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to compile mod_fcgid using apxs.

I have mod fcgid in the apache modules directory and apxs and perl in my windows path

I run vcvars32 to set the env variables, then proceed with the following command

apxs -c -o mod_fcgid.so -Iarch/win32 -I. fcgid_bridge.c fcgid_conf.c fcgid_pm_main.c fcgid_protocol.c fcgid_spawn_ctl.c mod_fcgid.c arch/win32/fcgid_proctbl_win.c arch/win32/fcgid_pm_win.c arch/win32/fcgid_proc_win.c fcgid_bucket.c fcgid_filter.c

(This is what's in the mod_fcgid install file just with unix replaced with win32 or win)

Everything works fine it finds the files but the output errors with the following

"fcgid_bridge.lo : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_temp_dir_get@8 referenced in function _bridge_request
fcgid_bridge.lo : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ap_get_brigade@24 referenced in function _bridge_request mod_fcgid.so : fatal error LNK1120: 100 unresolved externals
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=6291456
."
Those are just the last few lines there's a whole page of that.

I have VC++2008 express installed as well as the 2003 server sdk r2 and windows vista sdk. With apache 2.2.8

Any bright ideas what to do?

I just tried with the makefile.nt as well and the error's weren't quite as horrific this time

.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(140) : error C2079: 'mip' uses undefined struct 'g
roup_source_req'
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(171) : error C2224: left of '.gsr_interface' must
have struct/union type
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(172) : error C2224: left of '.gsr_group' must have
struct/union type
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(172) : error C2224: left of '.gsr_group' must have
struct/union type
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(172) : error C2168: 'memcpy' : too few actual para
meters for intrinsic function
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(173) : error C2224: left of '.gsr_source' must hav
e struct/union type
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(173) : error C2224: left of '.gsr_source' must hav
e struct/union type
.\network_io\unix\multicast.c(173) : error C2168: 'memcpy' : too few actual para
meters for intrinsic function
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
Stop.
Stop.
[/i]
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan '08 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to specify the three Apache libraries that mod_fcgid needs: libhttpd.lib, libapr-1.lib, and libaprutil-1.lib.

Try this command (one long line) with the three library names following the source file names:
Code:
apxs -c -o mod_fcgid.so -Iarch/win32 -I. fcgid_bridge.c fcgid_conf.c fcgid_pm_main.c fcgid_protocol.c fcgid_spawn_ctl.c mod_fcgid.c arch/win32/fcgid_proctbl_win.c arch/win32/fcgid_pm_win.c arch/win32/fcgid_proc_win.c fcgid_bucket.c fcgid_filter.c libhttpd.lib libapr-1.lib libaprutil-1.lib

-tom-
Obsidian

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan '08 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That worked perfectly Smile

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_fcgid build problem View previous topic :: View next topic