logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.0.55 Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Installation problems
Author
Linvo

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jan '06 16:46    Post subject: Apache 2.0.55 Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Installation problems Reply with quote

Hi,

Although using a kind of obscurity (NT 4.0 SP6a), I have the following problem after upgrading Apache tot version 2.0.55.
In the event viewer of NT it says: "The Apache2 service terminated with service-specific error 1. "
I cannot figure out what that means, I've searched everywhere to find the meaning of this response, and it's even stranger regarding the fact that Apache seems to work allright. I can acces the websites that are served by Apache and evenmore, there is no error report in the error.log from apache.

So, what to think of it? I do not like those kind of errors in the event viewer!

Please, help!
Steffen

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jan '06 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange that you get this error and Apache is running.

Maybe you get more info wen you start apache.exe in a DOS box: >apache.exe -e debug .

Steffen
Linvo

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jan '06 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

But, no more info starting in a dos box.

Apache seems to work allright but NT keeps telling "The Apache2 service terminated with service-specific error 1. "

Other suggestions?
drawgas

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jan '06 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you disabled any of the default Win services?
Maby thats why this is happening.

Did you see the error before the upgrade?
Linvo

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan '06 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't disabled any other Win services and the error wasn't there before the update. Is this weird or what?
drawgas

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan '06 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linvo wrote:
No, I haven't disabled any other Win services and the error wasn't there before the update. Is this weird or what?

then the error is due to the new version. Try reading ChangeLog of that version, maby you'll find something, or just wayt for a new version to come..

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.0.55 Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Installation problems View previous topic :: View next topic