logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache fails
Author
al0000

PostPosted: Sat 21 Apr '07 21:36    Post subject: Apache fails Reply with quote

Hello,

I run a portal with about 100.000 pageviews per day. the portal is build on Joomla + SMF.

I am on a Windows 2003 server, php 4.4.6, apache 2.2.4, and eAccelerator.

My problem is that, occationaly, apache crashes for some reason (php is actually crashing) and makes apache to fail and don't recover. Then i have to manually restart apache service in order for the website to come back online.

PHP is currently running as fast-cgi. I got the same exactly results if i run it directly as module.

My main interested is to find out why php is crashing. But i finally gave up on this and i am basicaly interested in finding a way to automatically recover apache in case of failure.

Any ideas?
Is there a way to automatically restart the apache service if it crashes?

Thank you in advance! Very Happy
James Blond

PostPosted: Sun 22 Apr '07 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the services console

%SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s

you can set that. There go to your apache service. right click => properties. On the third page you can set what the service shall do when the service stopps. On all there choose "start service new". restart service after [ 1 ] minutes.
That works for me under Win2k3 start edtion (german)

I don't know if all the word are correct, cause I don't own an english windows.

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache fails View previous topic :: View next topic