logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Upgrading to VC SP1 modules...
Author
chrisd

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 12:09    Post subject: Upgrading to VC SP1 modules... Reply with quote

Hi Steffen and everybody,

2 quick questions.

If I install Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package SP1.

1) Can I still run older modules (pre-SP1) you provided and a new module (using SP1) on the same Apache install ?

My guess is no, since we might have a httpd.exe.manifest conflict...

2) If I apply the SP1 will my other installs (on the same server) of Apache running some of your pre-sp1 modules still work ? Or do have have to upgrade all Apachelounge modules or all my Apache instances if I apply SP1 ?

Thanks,
Chris from www.sitebuddy.com
Steffen

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar '07 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved your post to the building forum, fits better there.

1: yes
2: yes, no

I test you mentioned combinations, and all was working. The manifest policies (in C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\Policies) is taken care about it. For example in the new SP1

Btw, still running your eAccelerator on 5.2.1 here, works great and thanks again.

Steffen
tdonovan

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun '07 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft has (at long last!) made the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redist Package a publicly available download
at Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).

Contrary to the notes, it does not really require Windows Installer 3.0. It works fine with Windows Installer 2.0 as well.
It can also be installed on Windows Vista, despite the fact that Vista is not listed in the Supported Operating Systems.

-tom-

Reply to topic   Topic: Upgrading to VC SP1 modules... View previous topic :: View next topic