logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Hardware & Networking View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: [Solved]Intranet Woes
Author
mothy

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jul '07 14:38    Post subject: [Solved]Intranet Woes Reply with quote

Forget it - I managed to get it to work.

I have successfully been running Apache for some months on my local machine and am now attempting to access remotely from other machines on the network. I do not require external access.

1. The Firewall is getting in the way. I can't even Ping the other machines while the firewall is active (Trend Micro 2007). However ...

2. With the Firewall switched off (we're behind a Router with a hardware firewall so I'm hoping we're still "Safe"). I can ping between the machines
however attempting to browse to the server machine either at it's IP address or by name always fails.

I don't expect a quick fix but some clues as to what might be wrong would be appreciated.

I have read similar posts on the forum, but alas they've been similar but not sufficient to give me an answer.

I'm quite happy to read docs/manuals etc but in this case the problem falls into that wonderful gap of who's to blame, - Apache,The Network,The Firewall or Windows and I'm struggling to get an angle on it.

Cheers.

p.s it's running under XP. and they're all connected by a Linsys WAG54G All in one ADSL/Router.
hexalot

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jul '07 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this helps at least alittle. Make sure you have port forwarded the proper ports on your router as you have noted in your httpd.conf> i have also found that for apache?php beginners it is easy to host a php based page with apache using easyphp> its free fast and simple all rolled into one program. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR EXTERNAL USE! It was also good for the experience.

Reply to topic   Topic: [Solved]Intranet Woes View previous topic :: View next topic