logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: All I get is a directory listing
Author
lannie1

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jul '07 20:29    Post subject: All I get is a directory listing Reply with quote

I have installed Apache 2.2 on my Widows XP Pro system aloog with
PHOP 5.5. I have tried everything I can think of but when I type in
the url, just get a directory listing of the root on the screen. If I
type in the url and add /index.htm, it works fine, but I want it to automatically go to Index.htm.
I have a 2Wire 1000HW modem/gateway and I have a dummy domain name at no-ip.com.
am also running active Ports but I have trouble understanding exctly what it is telling me.
Any suggestions???
Lannie Walker
tdonovan

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jul '07 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you see a directory listing or an "index" page is controlled by the DirectoryIndex directive in httpd.conf.

You probably want:
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
so it will run index.php if it exists, else it will show index.html if it exists, else display a directory listing if neither exists.

-tom-
lannie1

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jul '07 23:31    Post subject: All I get is a directory listing Reply with quote

Thanks! I simply added Index.htm to Index.php and index.html and it now works fine. Many thanks!!!! Very Happy

Reply to topic   Topic: All I get is a directory listing View previous topic :: View next topic