logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: mySql authentication
Author
rookie

PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar '06 19:19    Post subject: mySql authentication Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just recently set up Apache 2.0.55 on a Windows 2003 box. One of the requirements is to authenticate users against an already existing phpbb database hosted on a local mySql instance. After looking around it appears that mod_auth_mysql fits the bill. Unfortunately I cannot get the module to compile for me. Whenever I try to create the .so, I get all kinds of weird syntax errors.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with either a different module or some hints on compiling the mod. I have to admit that I'm a rookie when it comes to Apache, and building the modules, so please bare with me.

Thanks in advance...
Steffen

PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar '06 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

mod_auth_mysql should not work with phpbb because the encrypted passwords in it.
At the download page here I use mod_auth_phpbb.

Download: Removed

Steffen
rookie

PostPosted: Thu 09 Mar '06 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steffen,

I appreciate the help and the quick reply. Out of brute determination I would like to build the module myself, after so much trial and error with mod_auth_mysql. When I try making the file with Visual Studio 2005 command line, I get the following error:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apxs -c -L"\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\lib\opt" -I"\Progra
m Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\include" -lmysqlclient -lm -lz \mod_auth_phpbb\mod_auth_phpbb.c
cl /nologo /MD /W3 /O2 /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D NDEBUG -I"C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~2\Apache2\include" /I"\Progra
m Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\include" /c /Fo\mod_auth_phpbb\mod_auth_phpbb.lo \mod_auth_phpbb\mod_auth_phpb
b.c
mod_auth_phpbb.c
link kernel32.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /dll /machine:I386 /libpath:"C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~2\Apache2\lib" /o
ut:\mod_auth_phpbb\mod_auth_phpbb.so /libpath:"\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\lib\opt" mysqlclient.li
b m.lib z.lib \mod_auth_phpbb\mod_auth_phpbb.lo
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'm.lib'
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=10289152

What am I missing?

Reply to topic   Topic: mySql authentication View previous topic :: View next topic