logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 Win32 using SSL
Author
timecott01

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jul '07 16:15    Post subject: Apache 2.2.4 Win32 using SSL Reply with quote

Hello:
I have Apache224SSL running fine serving several non-SSL sites using VirtualHost. I now understand that the VirtualHost mechanism cannot be used to define SSL sites if there is more than SSL site required on the server.
So, can i ask what is the accepted method? I only have a single routable IP address to play with, so I cannot distinguish sites via different IP's. I require to get 2 SSL sites running. They both work when defined singly in ssl.conf. I cant see how I can define two sites unless it is using VirtualHost.
I would appreciate any guidelines or direction to any howto's that cover setting up >1 SSL site on Apache2.2.4SSL.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jul '07 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you only have one IP address and you need two SSL sites, your only option is to use different port numbers.

See this post for an example.

-tom-

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.4 Win32 using SSL View previous topic :: View next topic