logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache + Modules + Visual Studio 2005
Author
uwiekse

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug '07 20:53    Post subject: Apache + Modules + Visual Studio 2005 Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie to Apache Module Development.
I need to build a module for apache. (Judging by the source code..pretty simple. It;s an Apache request filter.)
I downloaded the APR sources. I also downloaded MS Visual Studio 2005 Professional (Trial version).
I want to compile my module sources for Apache on Windows Platform?

Is there any hand-on documentation how to compile the C/C++ sources?
I encountered some problems with Visual Studio and I am not able to proceed.

I also heard about the tool apxs which can also do the thing for you.
I 've just downloaded the win32 version for apxs, but I would like to know how the build works first for Visual Studio?

Any body out there who can give me some assistance?

Thank you

Urso
tdonovan

PostPosted: Thu 30 Aug '07 22:27    Post subject: how to build Apache and modules Reply with quote

You should use Visual Studio 2005 to build Apache first if you plan to compile your own modules.

There is a free Express version of Visual C++ 2005 which can be used to build Apache.

re: "Is there any hand-on documentation how to compile the C/C++ sources?"re: "I encountered some problems with Visual Studio and I am not able to proceed. "
    That is not very specific. I do not think we can be much help with just this description.
re:"but I would like to know how the build works first for Visual Studio"
    Building Apache 2.2.4 per the other posts in this forum will show all the compile and link commands as they are executed.
    Your module should be compiled and linked just like the other Apache modules - with the same compiler switches, etc.
    apxs just automates this, but you could do it by hand if you prefer.

-tom-
uwiekse

PostPosted: Thu 30 Aug '07 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

Thanks for pointing me in the good direction.
As to your remark about the specificity of my problem, you're right.
I should have been more concrete.

Actually it's very simple. I have two header files and one implementation file.
The logic behind the sources: the HTTP Request will be examined on certain HTTP HEADERs.
Actually I have downloaded ASelect (some opensource project). The thing is this project has not much to do with apache2 except for these files which constitute some apache2 module (part of project).
The developers provided a default binary distrubution of the sources. Unfortunately, I do not have much on these binaries. I need to compile the sources for my own situation, that is a module for Apache on Win32 platform.
The problem is I thoght I knew where to start. (Downloading the VS 2005 and etc etc ..) But I am kind of stuck in a labyrinth of build procedures for Apache.

Do you think I am able to succeed in doing so based upon your references?

Thanks Urso

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache + Modules + Visual Studio 2005 View previous topic :: View next topic