logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Third-party Modules View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Mod_auth_form and Apache 2.2
Author
riviereg

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar '06 8:59    Post subject: Mod_auth_form and Apache 2.2 Reply with quote

Dear All,

Our company need to setup an Apache authentication based on an existing MySQL users Database. The requirements are the following:

- Use a Web Server based authentication (for security centralization)
- Use a existing MySQL Database (used by other applications) with username field and a password field
- Use the company designed form for Logging
- Use Cookies based sessions

We currently use apache 2.2 on a windows 2003 server for this site. I'd like to setup this authentication. The Mod_auth_form seam to be the good solution but doen't exist yet for Apache 2.2. Does someone have a good advice for me ? is there other solutions ?

Thanks,
Guillaume

is to use our
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar '06 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

mod_auth_mysql

http://www.heuer.org/mod_auth_mysql/
riviereg

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar '06 3:46    Post subject: Form based login Reply with quote

Dear James,

Thank you for the reply, I will try to use this module.
But with this, I have to use another module (maybe usertrack)
to build a web based form authentication, rigth ?

The good thing with mod_auth_form is that all is integrated, login form,
redirection to the login form when session expire, etc ...

Is it possile to do this with mod_auth_mysql and another module ?

Guillaume

Reply to topic   Topic: Mod_auth_form and Apache 2.2 View previous topic :: View next topic