logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: mod_autz_ldap
Author
alcol

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep '07 22:49    Post subject: mod_autz_ldap Reply with quote

hi, I use apache 2.2.6 on a linux box with mod_autz_ldap and all work fine.

Lately I took apache 2.2.6 with ssl openssl fron apache ftp as binary package (msi for windows).

I wanted and needed to use mod_autz_ldap and strangely I founded out that it was not in list to be loaded as module. the .so file was inside modules subdir and so I changed httpd.conf so to load it.

When trying to start apache, I received an error message inside error.log

Do I need of novell or netscape or... LDAP library putted somewhere in someway?. I experienced as working an isapii filter for MS IIS and it was needing LDAP libraries inside winnt dir.

Anyone use this module on windows?
James Blond

PostPosted: Tue 02 Oct '07 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

in apache 2.2.x the file has been renamed to mod_authnz_ldap.so
It is in the zip from apachelounge and apache.org
alcol

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct '07 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blond wrote:

ya, ya, I founded inside modules subdir but was unreferenced inside httpd.conf as commented or uncommented statement.

I added a LoadModule statement for it and as I restarted apache I got some errors. Do I need of some kind of LDAP libs putted somewhere like iPlanet ldap libs or something like it?.

Please from a scratch install from apache 2.2.6 on Win32 (windows 2003) let me to know all what I need to let it to work.

I compile (on Linux) and use from time apache 2.2.6 and previous and its mod_ldap_authz.so (or as it is the exact name).

On Win32 how to do it?. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
alcol

PostPosted: Mon 08 Oct '07 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

alcol wrote:
James Blond wrote:

ya, ya, I founded inside modules subdir but was unreferenced inside httpd.conf as commented or uncommented statement.

I added a LoadModule statement for it and as I restarted apache I got some errors. Do I need of some kind of LDAP libs putted somewhere like iPlanet ldap libs or something like it?.

Please from a scratch install from apache 2.2.6 on Win32 (windows 2003) let me to know all what I need to let it to work.

I compile (on Linux) and use from time apache 2.2.6 and previous and its mod_ldap_authz.so (or as it is the exact name).

On Win32 how to do it?. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

I solved it. Owever the same statenents as in my unix box (and are working but under Winddows NO Mad Sad

AuthType basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthName "REALM REALM REALM"
AuthLDAPUrl ldap://host.domain.com:389/o=XXX,c=edu?uid?sub NONE
AuthLDAPBindDN xxxxxxxxxx
AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxxxxx
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPRemoteUserIsDN on
require valid-user

Reply to topic   Topic: mod_autz_ldap View previous topic :: View next topic