logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: DocumentRoot problem on different physical drive
Author
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct '07 8:05    Post subject: DocumentRoot problem on different physical drive Reply with quote

I've just installed apache v2.2.6 and am trying to change the DocumentRoot to a separate drive, D drive, which it doesn't seem to like.

For example, if I set the DocumentRoot to:

DocumentRoot "C:/test"
<Directory "C:/test">

Then everything works fine, however if I move the directory and change those to D:/test, then try to restart the service, it gives me an error saying "The requested operation has failed", and that's it.
I've also tried setting up virtual hosts but I get the same result, it works fine on C drive but as soon as I try on D drive the apache service won't even start.

I've been searching but have been unable to find any help. I've found a couple of posts with people asking about the same problem but none have had answers.
One such post here: http://www.webservertalk.com/archive199-2004-2-116658.html

Though strangely he says it worked when he tried it on Windows XP, which is what I am running it on.

I could just copy my local copy to C drive, but I would really rather not do that if I don't need to, so if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. If I've left out any important information, which I probably have, let me know and I'll post it.
tdonovan

PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct '07 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in your Apache logs\error.log file?

Instead of starting the Apache service - you could open a command window, change to the Apache \bin directory, and start Apache with:
Code:
httpd.exe -w -e debug

This may output useful information on the console about what is wrong.

-tom-
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct '07 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing in the error log, it just says "Child process exited successfully" on stopping the service, but no errors.

"httpd.exe -w -e debug" does not give any errors, and everything works just fine with it on D drive, though the apache service still refuses to run.

Oh well, this seems to work ok for what I want to use it for, thank you.

Reply to topic   Topic: DocumentRoot problem on different physical drive View previous topic :: View next topic