logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> News & Hangout View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: Hello All .... Seeking directions
Author
Ghost

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan '08 23:02    Post subject: Hello All .... Seeking directions Reply with quote

Hey all, How are you? I finally found a forum where I can get some tips on Apache.

I've been doing a lot of reading but I'm so confused right now. I am not completely new to this as I have programmed in VB.net, PHP, SQL, and other minor stuff like HTML, CSS and Javascript.

However, I've just use those bundled servers WAMP stuff to test out my script. I only know about the programming part, but now I want to get into the scene of actually running a server and having it online. Just for fun, testing purposes.

1.Can you recommend some server suite to me? A very good one I can rely on having online and webserving. I know about WAMP, but I'm not too sure if this is good enough. I just don;t know of any others.

2.How do I go about setting up SSL. Is this already included in the server suite? Or do I have to build my own? I've been reading on OpenSSL, modSSL, ApacheSSL, etc but I'm very confused now. So Please help me out. Thanks a lot.
James Blond

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan '08 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

to 1) Build your own wamp. In your forum is a great tutorial. You don't have to compile it yourself.

The apache from apachelounge contains SSL. So it is easy to setup.
Where ever you download your apache: take a look in to conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf there should be a working example.

If you want to compile apache your self take a look in the Apache2 Building and Programming Forum.

if you still have a question, please ask again.

Reply to topic   Topic: Hello All .... Seeking directions View previous topic :: View next topic