logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.3 and OpenSSL
Author
PS7777

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 19:03    Post subject: Apache 2.2.3 and OpenSSL Reply with quote

Hi, first post so bear with me please.
I am setting up a webserver to host a on-line bookstore. We are running an Athlon 64 x2 4400+/2GB PC6400/300GB SATA machine with XP Pro Corp. / EasyPHP 2.0.0.0 and Shop-Script Pro for the shopping cart.

I got everything up and running fine, permissions are set, store is working, tested with USPS API's for real-time shipping quotes... the works.

I am happy... Then we decide we are going to use PayPal Website Payments Pro to handle the credit card sales and suddenly we realize we need OpenSSL and cUrl PHP extentions installed. OK... I install the cUrl extentions and they work great... Then comes the OpenSSL. Shocked DANG! This is getting complicated...

Everyone is giving me instructions as how to install and configure OpenSSL as though I were using LAMP... But I am using WAMP, so I am at a loss as how to install OpenSSL, generate the CSR and install the SSL Certificate. I have already purchased the certificate from GoDaddy.com and their instructions for generating the CSR is for LAMP also...

So here I am asking you guys for help.... HELLLLPPPP! This is so totally holding up the release of our site I can't tell you. I have been fighting this issue for several days and am no closer to a solution than I was when I started. Please don't flame me for using WAMP... I have quit several boards because of this already. Embarassed
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no beef with WAMP, after all, it is Apache is it not?

Where are you hanging up in the process. Creating the CSR? Installing certs to Apache?
PS7777

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 19:29    Post subject: Issue is... Reply with quote

I can't seem to figure out where to begin with installing OpenSSL on our server. All I can find online is the .TAR file for OpenSSL, which I assume is for LINUX applications only.

I need to install OpenSLL, generate a CSR and then "setup" the SSL on our server. It is unfortunate that it seems there are no good instructions for doing this anywhere on the Net that I can find.

Everyone, it seems, believes we are all master programmers or something and can whip off code like in the movies.

Perhaps I am lame (although I have set up several webservers for static pages, built several dozen websites, and can build machines for any application) but I can't figure this open out.

I am fumbling around in the dark here with this problem. I believe if I had a good starting point I could proceed.

Thanks for the reply.
glsmith

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a tarball is all you will find. This is the source code.

If you are game at building it, Tom here made a wonderfull detailed post on just how to do it and with what you will need to do it.
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=1992

I see hunter.campbus.org is no longer making binaries available so I guess you will have to do it yourself.

Looking at the WAMP site, it does not look like WAMP is SSL enabled. I would then believe you do not have the mod_ssl.so file in your modules directory, if there is a modules directory.

You will need this to run an SSL/TSL server.
PS7777

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 20:54    Post subject: POSSIBLE SOLUTION...!!! Reply with quote

Very Happy I have a friend of mine who works with server administration locally and he just got back to me with this:

http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

Arrow I will post my comments on how it goes later tonight or tomorrow after following these instructions.

Idea Arrow Could somebody give me an email for a forum administrator, if this works I would love to see this get posted as a "sticky" somewhere so others can find it.??
PS7777

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan '08 20:58    Post subject: Ok... Reply with quote

SOrry for the "brain-freeze earlier regarding the .tar files... I forgot that you can open them with several utilities... My brain is on overload here from going in circles looking for answers to this problem and I need a break for a couple hours I guess. Embarassed

Thank you so much for helping out though, I will take a look at the stuff you posted and check it out if my friend's post doesn't do it for me.

Great Forum... No Flaming!!! Razz

Reply to topic   Topic: Apache 2.2.3 and OpenSSL View previous topic :: View next topic