logo
Apache Lounge
Webmasters

About Forum Index Downloads Search Register Log in RSS X

Keep Server Online

If you find the Apache Lounge, the downloads and overall help useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation.

or

Bitcoin

A donation makes a contribution towards the costs, the time and effort that's going in this site and building.

Thank You! Steffen

Your donations will help to keep this site alive and well, and continuing building binaries. Apache Lounge is not sponsored.
Post new topic   Forum Index -> Building & Member Downloads View previous topic :: View next topic
Reply to topic   Topic: thriller! msvcr71.dll for apache on win2k and win2k3.
Author
ashwani_ap

PostPosted: Thu 28 Feb '08 11:44    Post subject: thriller! msvcr71.dll for apache on win2k and win2k3. Reply with quote

Hi,
I compiled apache 2.2.0 on .net 2003.
I am making it run as service on all win platfroms.

It doesnot run fine on win2k without the msvcr71.dll and doesnot run win2k3 machine. why? Shocked

When I started the service on win2k machine, apche doesn't start well. It throws an error which I can see in the eventvwr that the dll msvcr71.dll is missing from the \apche\bin\ directory. When I copied this dll the service started well there.

Now I took the same package(without the msvcr71.dll) on win2003 machine, service is starting fine. It is not asking for the same dll here. This dll is not present in the windows system directory as well. Why? Question

Modnote: it does not help to reply yourself with a quote. Also do not crosspost! See the forum rules
James Blond

PostPosted: Wed 02 Apr '08 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Win2k3 I think you installed the lastest .net Framework? That framewotk contains that file.
In most cases you have install the .net Framework or you have to install the runtime files.

e.g.
for apachelounge apache you need MSVC80 runtime SP1 files or .NET Framework 1.1

Reply to topic   Topic: thriller! msvcr71.dll for apache on win2k and win2k3. View previous topic :: View next topic